+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
+ System of an exhaust
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and channels of absorption
+ System of injection
+ Transmission and main transfer
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
- Wheels and tires
Designations of tires
Wide-profile tires and rims
Check of pressure in tires
Check of a condition of tires
Replacement of wheels
Check of durability of fastening of wheel bolts
Purchase of new tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ System of ignition
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ Body details
Search of malfunctions
Purchase of new tires
At the disposal of our Audi A4 models there is a small choice of the serial sizes of tires. The driver of Audi can choose among the sizes 195/65 R 15, 205/60 R 15 and 205/55 R 16.
Here properties and features of tires of these sizes are described. What combinations of tires and rims are suitable from them for your car, you will find in technical data sheet of the car.
- The standard size 195/65 R 15 very much suits A4. As for road performance, it is possible to tell almost the same: the 195th are absolutely enough, including for models with more powerful engines. Advantage: at narrower tires the smaller resistance to swing and is lower noise at rotation.
- In tires 205/60 R 15 or 205/60 R 16 bribes, first of all, appearance. At more expensive tire in comparison with the 195th hardly bigger service life and insignificantly improved road performance.
The subsequent re-equipment is interesting to those who goes very smoothly and loves appearance of tires.
- The tire 205/60 R 15 can be put on the same rims, as well as the 195th.
- In a different way the situation is with tires 205/55 R 16: they can be put only on rims 7 J X 16.
- If on your car there are standard tires 195/65 R 15, then, perhaps, you will be able, depending on the area, with a sufficient depth of a profile to go and in the winter by summer tires.
- Worse the situation is with wide-profile 205th tires. They are more inclined – "rigid" execution of the class V or W is not an exception – to pro-slipping on snow and on ice. In this case it will hardly be possible to avoid acquisition of special winter tires.
- Among winter tires you have a choice between traditional tires M + S by which it is possible to go with a speed up to 160 km/h, and more high-speed tires with the allowed speed up to 190 km/h.
- In cars which can go with a speed exceeding structurally caused, allowed speed of winter tires (see at the beginning of the head) the instruction with data on speed, the most admissible for tires has to be located on the control panel.
- The tire M + S with depth of profile less than 4 mm is not suitable for winter any more. If, for example, in mountains winter tires are ordered, then tires M + S admit those only if their depth of their profile of at least 4 mm.