+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
Technology of the engine, maintenance and repair
Exhaust ventilation of a case
Visual control of the engine
Engine service life
Nominal and maximum frequency of turns
Restriction of speed
Measurement of pressure of compression
The help at malfunctions
Works on a gear belt
The help at malfunction
Installation and dismantle of a head of the block of cylinders
Installation and dismantle of the engine
+ System of an exhaust
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and channels of absorption
+ System of injection
+ Transmission and main transfer
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
+ Wheels and tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ System of ignition
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ Body details
Search of malfunctions
Installation and dismantle of a head of the block of cylinders
Bolts of a head of the block of cylinders have to drag on from the sequence designated by figures. At the left the six-cylinder engine (the arrow shows the direction of the movement) and on the right – the 4-cylinder engine is shown.
Are necessary to you: a dynamometer key, a long key with an internal gear wreath of T55 (for the four-cylinder engine) or TORX E14 key (for the six-cylinder engine) and new laying.
- Bring a frontal part of the car into service situation (the head Detali of a body).
- Dismantle the viscous fan.
- Take off maple and klinovo-ridge belts, unscrew the device for a tension of belts.
- Merge cooling liquid through a carving stopper of a drain opening of a radiator.
- Remove the socket on the sensor of a stream of fresh air, the electromagnetic valve of the coal filter and the terminal cascade of power of system of ignition (only 1,8 l the engine).
- Unscrew the case of the air filter assembled, dismantle an air hose to a branch pipe of a butterfly valve.
- Dismantle facing of the engine and unscrew a cover of a head of the block of cylinders
- Unscrew a branch pipe of cooling liquid with temperature sensor behind a head of the block of cylinders.
- Unscrew a broad tank with cooling liquid.
- Disconnect sockets on all valves of injection and on Hall's sensor.
- In the engine with a working volume of 1,6 l remove all sockets of spark plugs and a wire of high voltage.
- Unscrew arms of an inlet collector.
- Unscrew an inlet collector from a head of the block of cylinders and put aside.
- Disconnect the wire socket to a lambda probe, bare a wire.
- Unscrew an exhaust pipe ahead from a knee and wring out back.
- Dismantle a cover of a gear belt and put the piston of the cylinder No. 1 in ignition moment VMT position, see in the head above.
- Weaken a fixing bolt of a tension roller.
- Note the direction of the movement of a gear belt for the subsequent assembly and remove it.
- Weaken bolts of a head of the block of cylinders in the return sequence according to the scheme of an inhaling on the right down.
- Unscrew facing of the engine and a cover of a klinovo-ridge belt.
- Dismantle klinovo-ridge and gear belts (see the section Generator).
- Unscrew an exhaust pipe from a knee.
- Merge cooling liquid through a carving stopper of a drain opening of the engine and a radiator.
- Unscrew an air hose between the sensor of a stream of fresh air and an inlet collector.
- Disconnect the socket at Hall's sensor.
- Disconnect ventilation of a case on a head of the block of cylinders at the left and on the right.
- Remove a vacuum hose on a branch pipe of a butterfly valve at the left.
- Take out a cover of a noise absorber of absorption from clips and unscrew both bolts under a cover.
- Wring out a noise absorber back and lift up.
- Remove the vacuum pipeline at a noise absorber at the left, remove a noise absorber.
- Unscrew a cover of the pipeline of valves of injection at the left.
- Take out a clamp of a butterfly valve from clips, hang out a butterfly valve and postpone it.
- Disconnect the socket of the sensor of temperature of the soaked-up air and the valve of stabilization of idling.
- Disconnect the giving and returnable fuel pipelines.
- Unscrew connection with weight behind a branch pipe of a butterfly valve.
- Disconnect a vacuum hose to the control unit before a branch pipe of a butterfly valve.
- Disconnect the socket at a butterfly valve.
- Unscrew a vacuum hose to the electromagnetic valve of the coal filter. Dismantle the electromagnetic valve.
- Disconnect all sockets of spark plugs.
- Disconnect all electric sockets of valves of injection.
- Disconnect sockets of a sensor of a detonation and heating a lambda probe.
- Disconnect sockets a lambda probe and postpone wires.
- Disconnect sockets of the sensor of pressure of oil and the sensor of temperature of oil.
- Remove sockets of valves of injection at the left and on the right.
- Unscrew an arm of a hydraulic hose at an inlet collector. Do not disconnect a hydraulic hose.
- Unscrew an inlet collector and take out it.
- Close openings a pure rag.
- Unscrew a tube of supply of cooling liquid on a head of the block of cylinders behind.
- Dismantle a lambda probe.
- Unscrew the heat-shielding screen of a final collector.
- Unscrew a head of the block of cylinders.
- Dismantle a back cover of a gear belt.
- Unscrew a hose of a broad tank with hydraulic liquid to the pump at a head of the block of cylinders.
- Weaken bolts of a head of the block of cylinders in the return sequence to that, as shown below. For this purpose it is necessary to cool the engine as the hot head of the block of cylinders can be deformed after dismantle.
- Lift a head of the block of cylinders. If it separates not at once, easy percussions by the synthetic hammer will help.
Check of the dismantled head of the block of cylinders
For all engines
- Remove old laying. Sealing surfaces of a head of the block of cylinders and the block of the engine have to be absolutely pure and free from the laying remains. Do not scratch the sharp tool a soft sealing surface of a head of the block of cylinders. Jags can cause in the future damage of laying of a head of the block of cylinders.
- Check a head of the block of cylinders for deformation (especially important at damage of laying as a result of an overheat).
- Put lengthways a long metal ruler or guaranteed equal metal corner on the cleared sealing surface of a head of the block of cylinders.
- Check a template whether there is in some place a gleam of more than 0,1 mm. In this case the head of the block of cylinders has to be ground before installation.
- The head of the block of cylinders can be improved only in certain limits. Its minimum height measured from top to the lower sealing surface has to be in the four-cylinder engine of 139,25 mm and in six-cylinder – 132,75 mm.
For all engines
- If the head of the block of cylinders changes, then it is necessary to oil guides of hydropushers slightly. It also extends to heads of the block of cylinders with already established cam-shaft.
- If it is necessary, establish a locking cover on the replaced head of the six-cylinder engine.
- The carving of bolts of a head of the block of cylinders and openings on the block of the engine has to be pure and without damages, otherwise at an inhaling of bolts the inhaling moment can be distorted.
- In carving openings on the block of the engine there should not be water or oil, otherwise cast material can become torn in the field of carving openings.
- Turn the crankshaft in the direction opposite to rotation a little in order that any piston was not in the provision of VMT, differently at installation of a head of the block of cylinders the open valve can collide the piston. It is necessary to track it also at the subsequent installation of a gear belt.
- Impose laying of a head of the block of cylinders on the engine block so that number of a detail or designation were turned to a head of the block of cylinders "up".
- Establish a head of the block of cylinders. Pay at the same time attention to centering pins and the driven plugs.
- In the beginning screw up all bolts of a head of the block of cylinders manually and then tighten them in the sequence shown below:
|1st step of an inhaling
|2nd step of an inhaling
|3-I am an inhaling step
||Exactly tighten bolts a rigid key half way further (the same sequence). It can be made also on three quarters of a turn
- In such way all bolts are finally screwed up.
Important: to observe the sequence of an inhaling at installation of an inlet collector of the six-cylinder engine.
- Mount a gear belt.
- Besides, in the four-cylinder engine with a working volume of 1,6 l check installation of ignition (the head Sistema of ignition).