+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
+ System of an exhaust
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and channels of absorption
+ System of injection
+ Transmission and main transfer
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
+ Wheels and tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ System of ignition
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
- Body details
Damages to result of accidents
Frontal part of the car
Dismantling of doors
Mirror of the external review
Check of a corrosion-resistant coating of the bottom
Clearing of openings for a water drain
Search of malfunctions
Doors are screwed on hinges in general by three bolts of TORX (arrow).
Adjusting control sizes of "support of assembly knots of a door" (1). The external sealant (3) has to adjoin on all length to a forward door pillar and to a decorative level (2) roofs. The distance between a decorative level of a roof and bottom edge of a sealant (3) has to make and = 18,3 mm. Glass of a door (4) has to plunge into a sealant on in = 5 mm.
Due to weakening of bolts of TORX (1 and 2) it is possible to shift a lock plate for side adjustment behind on a door.
In Audi doors, two-piece are traditionally put. An internal part of a door – "a support of assembly knots of a door" – is attached to an external part of a door – "a door basis" – four bolts. At the expense of it at small damage it is possible to replace an external part, without dawdling with demontazhy mechanisms of window regulators and unblocking.
Care of a sealant of doors
External a sealant which are in one plane with doors in Audi A4 need special leaving since cracks in them cause not only thinnesses, but also the raised shumoobrazovaniye during the movement. The best conditioning agent behind sealants is cervine fat. It has a pleasant side effect: in the winter it does not allow freezing of a sealant to a body that saves from burdensome warming it the hair dryer.
Dismantle of a door
- To disconnect shtekerny sockets of loudspeakers at doors, the electric drive of adjustment of a mirror or window regulators, it is necessary to remove its facing as it is described in this chapter. The same treats wires and hoses of the central lock.
- Take out from clips the bellow valve between a door and a door pillar and extend the disconnected wires from a door.
- Unscrew in the top loop one bolt of TORX, in the lower loop – two such bolts, remove a door. Loops remain on a body.
- After installation adjust a door (the following section).
Council: The door can be dismantled together with all loops. In this case it is necessary to dismantle facing of a forward door pillar and to disconnect the shtekerny socket located under it. Only this way it is possible to reach to screwed up from within a bolt of the lower loop.
Correct adjustment of doors
- At adjustment of doors of Audi A4 has to stand horizontally on the earth all four wheels. In the lifted car the body can be bent a little therefore the adjustment of doors will not be correct.
- Adjustment is carried out by the following criteria:
- The sizes of cracks at the first and rear edge of a door have to be the following: a wing at a forward door of 4 mm, a forward door at a back door of 5 mm, a back door to a side detail of 3,5 mm. Establish doors correctly.
- The contour of a body has to be sustained: the longitudinal bearing is in that metal edges of doors were not allocated on a body contour with a step or that the door was not established too highly or too deeply.
- It is necessary to avoid wind noise. It can achieve by the correct adjustment of a door: for this purpose, first of all, it is necessary that the window frame with the laying densely adjoined to a doorway. It is reached by adjustment of "a support of assembly knots of a door".
Adjustment of a door
Here adjustment of forward doors is described. Naturally, it belongs to back doors too.
Sequence: begin with adjustment of a back door if both doors are dismantled. If the back door was not dismantled and is still correctly adjusted, then it is possible to begin with a forward door.
- Longitudinal adjustment for installation of a door crack: slightly weaken loop screws
doors/doors so that the door could be shifted.
- Close a door and level a crack.
- Carefully open a door and tighten screws of hinges.
- Adjustment on height (contour): weaken as it was already told, screws between a loop and a door. Shift a door up or down.
- Again tighten screws.
- Side adjustment, first line of a door (wind noise): it is not regulated – in case of need it is necessary to make intermediate plates of metal and to insert between a door and a loop to put forward a door further outside.
- Side adjustment, rear edge of a door (wind noise):
- weaken a little a plate which the door lock enters.
- Close a door and press it into an aperture according to an external contour.
- Open a door, tighten a lock plate.
- Check in salon whether the door adjoins to the rubber sealant evenly.
- Adjustment of a window frame: if the basis of a door is adjusted correctly, then now is checked whether in a doorway the window frame purely sits. At the same time an external sealant of a door should not lean out over a roof level.
- If it is necessary to adjust, dismantle facing of a door and weaken four fixing screws of "a support of assembly knots of a door".
- Close a door.
- Let your assistant will press a frame outside
in a doorway – it is better to press it slightly further since the rubber sealant of a door renders counter-pressure.
- In order that a sealant adjoined densely, along with it you have to wring out a frame up and forward.
- If adjustment correct, then it is possible to screw up both top bolts and back lower bolts from within. Inhaling moment: 30 Nanometers.
- Consider in addition: the adjusting wedge at the lower bolt ahead has to be put always. Before tightening of a bolt it needs to be shifted up so that slightly jammed it.
- There is an additional possibility of adjustment of the rear edge of a door an adjusting wedge: at the expense of deeper latch of a wedge the bottom edge of a door leaves inside, and top – outside. Stronger pulling of a wedge causes opposite reaction.